Submissions for IFO9 are now open! The deadline for troupe submissions is July 30, 2017 by midnight.
Improv Festival Oklahoma is partnering with the National Improv Network, a free online resource for improvisors made by improvisors. You can submit to our festival when submissions open on May 15, 2017. If you are not yet a member, click to submit and you will be given instructions on joining. It’s easy to sign up and once you do it’s an easy click away to submitting to several festivals.
Why should your troupe submit to perform in IFO9? Here are five reasons:
1) Fantastic improv watching opportunities. IFO always strives to showcase a variety of great improv performances. As long as space allows, we encourage all troupes to hang out and watch other troupe’s performances for FREE. This includes regional troupes and our headliners, 3Peat! We get that travel isn’t always easy. We want to make sure you are entertained while you are here.
2) Cool improv workshops. Get to know other improvisors in a workshop setting and broaden your improv skills with unique workshops. These workshops are held in the same location as performances for your convenience.
3) The weather should be great! You may have heard about tornadoes in Oklahoma. You may also have heard about the sweltering Oklahoma heat. Lucky for you, these won’t be a problem September 28-30. We expect pleasant weather, which is helpful when…
4) Everything is walking distance from the theater, which will house both shows and workshops. After parties are practically next door. There are great restaurants and bars along Film Row, where IFO takes place. If you like, you could stay at a cool hotel very near the festival (we will provide other short drive options as well).
5) After parties are super fun. After the shows end each night, we will move to a neat after party near the venue. We haven’t announced this year’s after parties yet, but expect drinking, karaoke, video games, and general merriment.